Monday, January 10, 2011

Seattle with Cousins!

Madison met her cousin Annabella Boone for the first time last week! Its great because my 3 Aunts on my Dad's side live within the Seattle/Tacoma area so we were able to see them plus my 4 cousins and their spouses and kids. Madison and I took on a big adventure with my parents and drove...yes drove..to Seattle from Sacramento. We stopped to spend the night at a La Quinta Inn in Grants Pass Oregon. The scenery was beautiful, green and lot's of huge pine trees which were at the time dusted with snow. We were blessed to not have to put on chains...my Dad was so thankful especially, chains can be not so fun! It was cold though and we made it through the Sisques just in time before the roads got icy. We met up with my Mom's Aunt Barbara in Grants Pass for dinner which was fun and gave us a break and rest before getting up the next morning for the final leg of the trip, 6 hours each day. Madison did great! She took both naps in the car, we timed it perfectly leaving after breakfast and arriving for dinner in Maple Valley. It helped that I was able to sit in the back seat with her to give her juice and snacks. I only had to play her new DVD player for an hour each day of the drive which was great!
Here she is to the right enjoying her spaghetti dinner after a long drive the first day! She was a  mess :)
Here she is so relaxed and cozy after her bath in the hotel room. This was the first time she has ever laid still after her bath. She normally kicks and tries to run away before we are able to get her clothes on her!

We had a good idea to stop at the mall the first day of the drive so she could get some energy out!

I love my long vacation in the car! yeah!!!

Here is the view from my Aunt Donna's living room in Maple Valley. They have these huge bay windows overlooking the lake. It snowed the previous night and was so beautiful!!

...and here they are...the cousins meet for the first time!

Cute little heads!

Cuter then cute..grocery shopping time!

Playing back at Kim & Adams house!

No comments: